Agathonisi to Lipsi Ferry

The Agathonisi Lipsi ferry route connects Dodecanese Islands with Dodecanese Islands. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Dodekanisos Seaways. The crossing operates up to 3 times each week with sailing durations from around 35 minutes.

Agathonisi Lipsi sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information.

Route and port details

Agathonisi - Lipsi Ferry Operators

  • Dodekanisos Seaways
    • 3 Sailings Weekly 35 min
    • Get price

Agathonisi Guide

Forming part of the Dodecanese group of islands, the Greek island of Agathonisi is the most northerly of the Dodecanese islands. It is surrounded by a number of smaller islands and is around 16 miles from the islands of Samos and 23 miles from Patmos. There are three main settlements on the island which are Megálo Chorió ("Big Village"), and Mikró Chorió ("Small Village") and the island's only port is the settlement of Agios Georgios (Saint George). The island is sometimes referred to by its ancient name, Tragea or as Gaidaro.

The crossing to the island can be by either conventional ferry of by high speed ferry depending on the time and day of the crossing and by the ferry operator chosen. Crossing times are around 8-11 hours by high speed ferry and 6.5 - 8.5 hours by conventional ferry depending on route and operator.

Lipsi Guide

Lipsi is a Greek island that is one of the Dodecanese group of islands and lies between the island of Patmos and the island of Leros. The island, which can trace its history back to prehistoric times, is the largest island among a complex of smaller islands and islets and collectively form part of the Natura network. The island as we know it today was founded in 1669 by a Cretan named Illias and was later officially united with Greece in 1948. Popular attractions on the island include the Church of Aghios Ioannis, Theologos which is located next to the Town Hall and Museum. Contained within the church you can see the icon of Panaghia the Mavri (the Black Madonna) which dates back to around 1500. Also of interest to visitors is the Ecclesiastical Folklore Museum which contains some ecclesiastical relics and a small archaeological collection. Also of interest is the Panaghia of Haros, which dates back to 1600, which is situated around 1.5 km from Lipsi Town and is where you can see the only icon in Greece depicting the Virgin Mary holding the Crucified Jesus in her arms instead of the infant Jesus.