Chios to Evdilos Ferry

The Chios Evdilos ferry route connects Aegean Islands with Ikaria. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Hellenic Seaways. The crossing operates up to 1 times each week with sailing durations from around 3 hours 15 minutes.

Chios Evdilos sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information.

Route and port details

Chios - Evdilos Ferry Operators

  • Hellenic Seaways
    • 1 Sailing Weekly 3 hr 15 min
    • Get price

Chios Guide

The Greek island of Chios is the 5th largest Greek island in the Aegean Sea and is located around 7 km off the Anatolian coast and is separated from Turkey by the Chios Strait. Chios Town was constructed around the old harbour and medieval castle, which were constructed under Venetian and Ottoman rule. Some remains have been found which date back to 2,000 BC. Popular attractions on the island include the Chios Byzantine Museum, the Archaeological Museum of Chios, its medieval villages and the 11th century monastery of Nea Moni which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

The island is mainly mountainous although there are a few valleys to be found in the south and east parts of the island. Overlooking the northern part of the island is Mount Pelineo with its highest peak, Profitis Helias, at 1,297 meters above sea level. The island has a typical Mediterranean climate with mild winters and warm, dry, summers and is known for its picturesque landscape.

Chios, and the other islands in the East Aegean, are generally connected to the ports of Piraeus and Rafina, the Cycladic islands including Syros, Tinos, Mykonos and Andros and also to the island of Rhodes. Your journey to and from the island will either be by conventional of Highspeed ferry with journey times of between 5 1/2 hours and 9 1/2 hours depending on ferry company and ferry itinerary.

Evdilos Guide

The Greek town of Evdilos is located in the northern part of the island of Ikaria which lies in the north Aegean Sea. The town, which was amphitheatrically, was only built after 1830 following the end of pirate attacks on the island. The town was the island's temporary capital before Agios Kirikos was declared the capital during the second Turkish Occupation between 1834 and 1912. The town's name means 'visible and freely rendered open horizon'. Today, the town is home to the island's second port and is the centre of the northern, central and western parts of the island. Together with the settlements of Arethousa, Dafni, Karavostamo, Manganitis, and Frandato, they form the community of Evdilos with around 2,400 permanent inhabitants.

The island's terrain is characterised by mountains, lovely rivers and spectacular gorges and is popular with hikers. However, the island also has some lovely sandy and pebble beaches some of which are fairly secluded that are difficult to access, even by car. There is certainly something for everyone on the island.